We’re proud to introduce a completely new proposal for the Stony Lodge Hospital site to replace the prior multifamily rental proposal. We listened to valuable resident feedback to create a significantly smaller 95-unit age-restricted ownership townhome community that addresses residents’ concerns and upholds our commitment from the outset to preserve open space.
The greater-Ossining community has a range of existing residential offerings. However, there is no residential offering that is focused specifically on the empty-nester.
The age-restricted orientation (55+) of River Knoll will be particularly appealing to empty nesters and those who wish to downsize, as well as snowbirds. This demographic no longer wants a large home with its maintenance requirements and will be attracted to this type of community where all exterior maintenance is handled by professional staff. The many amenities planned for River Knoll will also be an attractive feature for those who like having a well-equipped fitness center and yoga studio, walking trails with connections to regional trail systems, outdoor pool with adjoining patio, and more. This unique community with all of these amenities will also appeal to those who want to downsize and stay in Ossining and near friends and family.
This demographic seeks convenience, amenities, and quality as they often look to downsize in search of a more carefree lifestyle affording the ability to spend more time on interests and travel, yet still, maintain a local residence for their family to gather and entertain.
(Click Images to Enlarge)
Features & Amenities
River Knoll will offer a modern farmhouse architectural vernacular with 75 two-bedroom residences with den (1,575 SF) and 20 three-bedroom residences (1,795 SF), including 10 Affordable units, in clusters of 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6 attached units. Individual townhouse units will have high-end features including hardwood floors, stainless steel appliances, individual washer/dryers, comprehensive security systems, and more. Each market-rate townhouse will have attached two-car garage parking
- State-of-the-art fitness center
- Yoga studio
- Clubroom for gathering
- Swimming pool
- Outdoor kitchen for private entertaining
- Dedicated dog walk
- Walkway to Veterans Memorial Park
- Professionally managed
River Knoll will contribute significant benefits to the Ossining community as a good steward of the community, including:
Preserving 11+ acres open space:
66% of the site to remain permanently green!
- Preserving the .25 mile scenic grassy West Meadow fronting Croton Dam.
- Enlarging East Meadow along Narragansett, 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Avenues.
- Creating a new South Buffer along Pershing Ave. & North Buffer along Grandview Ave.
- An increase of more than 1300% over what the site currently produces with minimal impact on schools.
- That’s a net gain of $800,094 annually factoring in projected even after service costs.
- $740,719 of this revenue will go to the school system alone annually.
- This will make us the 4th highest taxpayer in Ossining.
There are no projected additions to the school system from this project
- The projections are based on the Rutgers model which is the same methodology that Ossining School District uses to forward project its school population growth. Our study, using this model, was produced by Phillips Preiss, the “go to” consulting firm for this type of analysis.
Creating Demand for Services, Dining & Retail
Creating new economic activity & foot traffic for services, restaurants, and merchants in downtown Ossining to promote economic recovery.
Creating approximately 320 new construction jobs and and dozens of permanent & ancillary jobs!
On-site walking paths with connections to regional trail systems.
Building height will be lower than existing Stony Lodge Hospital structures.
Low Traffic Generator
Fewer projected vehicle trips than the previous psychiatric hospital generated and maintains the existing and only access point on Croton Dam Road.
- This project will see significantly less traffic than the hospital, given that commuting times for 55+ are different than those under 55.
- The peak morning rush will see 63% less traffic than was with the hospital when operational, and the peak evening rush will see 58% less traffic than with the hospital.
New Stormwater Management
Installing state-of-the-art and integrated stormwater management system to alleviate runoff to adjoining neighbors and substantially improve water quality.
Tim Foley of the Building Realty Institute/Welcome Home Westchester spoke recently at the Ossining Planning Board. While he didn’t speak in relation to our project, his presentation is a great view on the economic benefits of building the housing Westchester needs. Watch video below.
(Click Images to Enlarge)
Meadow & Buffer Views
(Click Images to Enlarge)
Supplemental Draft Environmental Impact Statement
To view the River Knoll SDEIS submitted 9/27/21, please click below.
Your voice is important! Please visit our Action Center to learn more about easy ways to get involved!